
I don't care what anyone else says but I had the WORLD'S GREATEST GRANDPA!!!!! It has been a year since my grandpa past away. I may not have gotten to see him as much as I would have liked to over the past several years but I loved him very much. When I was a kid we would go see my grandparents once a month and I always looked forward to going to their house. I also got to spend several summers with them. The memories I have have those times are the best.
We use to walk down to the firestation with grandpa to lock up and of course grandpa would always let us see the big fire trucks and we would get to sit in them. We would even talk grandpa into turning on the lights and sirens for us. It was so super cool.
Grandpa use to raise rabbits and we use to have so much fun playing with them. Grandpa even let me "claim" one of the baby bunnies as mine. I couldn't take it home with me so grandpa took good care of it for me.
I remember one summer I stayed with grandpa and grandma and I would talk grandpa into taking a ride on his motorcycle I think everyday. I wish I could go back to that summer. I loved those rides with grandpa. We weren't going anywhere really.....we were just out being free and having fun. I loved going for rides in grandpa's old truck also.
And who could forget grandpa's special "pie". Amy knows what I am talking about. We got that "pie" all the time and it didn't matter if you didn't want it or not...you still got some.
I think my most favorite times at grandpa's would have to be just going in his barber shop and watching him work. I spent so much time there just watching him.
My grandpa was the GREATEST GRANDPA ever and I miss him.
1 comment:
This is great! I can see how much you miss him. I miss how funny he was all of the time and of course the 'whisker pie'.
Post a Comment