Friday, May 9, 2008

Grandpa

Grandpa
Author: Unknown

Since I was a little child,
In all that I've been through;
You've always been my hero,
No one stood as tall as you.

You were the one who took the time,
To teach what I needed to learn;
The lessons in life you shared with me,
You shared with love and concern.

I loved you as a little child,
And now that I am grown;
I share those lessons you taught me;
With children of my own.

Generation to generation,
I'll pass on your legacy;
I'll tell of my loving Grandpa,
And all that you mean to me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So Many Years Gone By
Author: Yvonne Michelle McCauley
For my Grandpa. I miss you

There is a man
How he sits in his chair
Thinking of years gone by
Quickly he smiles, slowly he frowns
At his thoughts
Of good times and bad
He takes his photo album
of so many years gone by
So many smiling faces
All looking at him
All of his children
Oh how they have grown
From babies to parents
With babies of their own
Staring up at his face
As he flips through open pages
of his life
So many memories
Of so many years gone by.

No comments: