December 1995 - July 10, 2008
This has been the worst week ever. It all started Friday July 4th. We just got back home from a vacation and I see my "baby girl" (my dog). I have known for sometime that she was getting old and she has been sick for like the past year, the vet said last year that she had lupus and she has had problems with her back hips for several years but I get home and get told that she almost didn't make it before I got home and that my sister had her in to the vet the day before and they had to give her IV fluids and couple of shots just so that she would make it until we got home. So from Friday on I was having to hand feed her whatever she would eat, which was mostly eggs and popsicles and I was having to help her down the stairs to go outside and even ended up packing her several time outside to go potty. Then on Monday night she started having seizures....luckily she only had a few but things just kept getting worse. She quit drinking water and most of the time she just laid around close by me and slept. Then today she really started having problems. I knew she wasn't going to make it much longer but she sure was putting up a fight. I had hoped that she would go on her own but she wasn't so I had to make the difficult decision to put her down. So today my baby past on. I have had her for 12 1/2 great years and we are going to miss her more then anything.....well at least I will. I came home a little while ago from my mom's and it was so hard walking in the door knowing that she isn't here anymore to greet us when we come home....she isn't here anymore for me to love when I am feeling down. Some people may think I am weird for calling her my "baby girl" but I am a serious dog lover and she was just like one of my kids. So to my baby girl Caralina(Pooh Bear).....I love you so much and I miss you!!!!
1 comment:
I'm so sorry!! That is terrible. It's a good thing she has such a sweet mom to love her and take care of her while she was sick. P.S. your hair looks really cute!
Post a Comment