Monday, February 2, 2009

Life with a puppy is never dull.....


CAUTION......contains materials that are a little gross and naughty!!!!! Read at your own risk.

Ok our puppy doesn't look like a puppy anymore. I am hoping that she is full grown. Life with her has been quite interesting. She loves to have anyone paying attention to her and if your not then she goes and gets in trouble. She usually ends up finding some of the toys that the boys didn't put away. Sometimes she will just come and "hide" close by us and start chewing that toy to pieces. Other times she wants us to see what she has and so she will come right up to us and just stand there until we look and see she has something....then she takes off cause she knows we will come after her to get it back. Then she likes to put up a "little" fight about it and growls at us but she knows she NEVER wins at this game and we end up getting the toy back.

While I am at work and the boys are at school we lock her up in Josh's room and she loves to find whatever trouble she can in there. We keep thinking that we have put everything up or hid it well or removed it from the room but she seems to usually find something. She has found CDs and broke and toy guns, a few stuffed animals, and then one day she found a cassette tape. The week she found the cassette tape I just thought she broke the cassette but then she had also tore up one of her stuffed animals and I thought she might have eaten some of the stuffing so I was keeping an eye on whether she was going potty or not in case she got "plugged up". Well one morning as we are rushing to get ready to leave for the bus and for me to get to work...I had put her out to go potty and told the boys to let her in when she was done and I went downstairs to finish getting ready. Well next thing I know Josh comes down saying something and then here comes Kylie running like a BIG MONSTER is chasing her. Josh says something about something hanging from her about the time she runs into me...then she takes off up stairs and I yell for Josh to go catch her as I finish brushing my teeth. He catches her at the top of the stairs and I come running and the poor dog has some LONG thing hanging out her bottom. I grab rubber gloves and paper towels and as I get to her I realize that it was the tape from the cassette tape....it was hanging out about 12 inches. I thought it was about all out and so I grab what is out and pull and alot more comes out. It was the SICKEST thing I have EVER done. Josh and Kaiden just stand there with their eyes about to pop out and Kylie was just SO releived to get that out of her. Now when I signed up to be a mom to kids and to a dog I NEVER EVER imagined that I would have to be doing ANYTHING like that.

Now that isn't all the fun with this cute pup we have. Lately she has been "attacking" things (humping). Well a few weeks back she started going after the boys. Josh will just be walking along and she will come up and grab his leg and just start going at it and poor Kaiden, if he lays on the couch she grabs his legs and starts at it. Kaiden can even be just walking and she will come up behind him and "grab" him with her front paws around his waist and go at him. It is so naughty but it is a little funny. Then a couple of weeks ago at church I saw her Vet and told him I had a question but church was a good place for it and he said that it was ok....so I told him what she was doing and he gets then grin and chuckles about it then goes on to tell me that it is a "phase" she is going thru and that she is trying to domainate the boys and that she should stop in a few weeks or month or so and that part of it could be cause she is getting close to "becoming a WOMAN" (if you know what I mean).




So as you can see......LIFE IS NOT DULL AROUND HERE.

1 comment:

AMPM said...

Ha ha! I was laughing so hard.....I was really looking forward to the pictures of the cassette tape worm!!!